If the potatoes are not kept properly, they begin to sprout soon. Potato is one of the most important things in our kitchen. We mix potatoes in many vegetables. Apart from this, potato vegetables, chaat, pakoras, etc. are also made, so without the potatoes in the Indian kitchen, work cannot be done. Potatoes can be saved from sprouting by storing them properly. Let us know how to prevent potatoes from sprouting.
Easy tips to prevent potatoes from sprouting:-
- It is very important to keep the potatoes safe, so keep the potatoes in a dark and cool place.
- Protect potatoes from moisture. If potatoes are wet, dry them well before handling them.
- To keep the potatoes safe, place them in a cotton cloth bag or paper bag.
- Storing potatoes in a warm place causes them to sprout, so keep them in a ventilated place.
- Keep potatoes away from the basket of other vegetables and fruits.
- Do not put both potato and onion together in a basket.
- Potatoes should not be kept in the refrigerator, because potatoes contain starch, which, when kept in the refrigerator, turns into sugar. Consumption of sugar made from starch can cause many cancers, so do not forget to keep potatoes in the refrigerator.
- Potatoes should not be stored in sunlight or in open baskets.
- Take a good look before storing the potatoes. If any of those potatoes are bad, then separate them, because a rotten potato can spoil the rest of the potatoes.
- Never store potatoes before washing, this may cause moisture in the potatoes and they may deteriorate quickly.
This damage can be caused by eating sprouted potatoes:-
Potato is a vegetable that is used in all households, but eating sprouted potatoes can cause health damage, so it is very important to keep potatoes safe. If the potato is green or sprouted, it can be harmful to health, so the potato should prevent to be sprouted. When the potato sprouts, a chemical action takes place in it, due to which the carbohydrate of the sprouted potato starts turning into starch sugar.
Along with this, two toxic substances called Solanin and Alpha Caconin are also formed. Due to this, the potato becomes soft and fades from the outside. Both these elements are harmful to our health, due to which our digestive system can be spoiled.
Eating sprouted potatoes or green potatoes can also cause food poisoning, so they should not be consumed.